Adult Summer Reading Programs
What is it?
The purpose of our Summer Reading Program is to encourage Adults to check out and read books during the summer!
We also provide free, fun, and educational activities.
When is it?
Monday, May 16th-Friday, July 29th. Sign-up and begin reading starting May 23rd. Sign up for programs begins June 1, 2022.
Adult Programming begins the week of June 18th, sign-up will be required for all activities.
How does it work?
Receive a reading challenge form to record the books read and the challenges completed. You may begin reading as soon as you sign up for the program. Raffle tickets will be earned for the books you read, and the challenges you complete.
In order to receive your raffle ticket(s) bring your challenge form to the library anytime for a staff member to tally and initial. Place your ticket(s) in an adult prize box of your choosing.
Our End of Summer Reading Potluck will be held Friday, July 29th at 6pm, SRP prize drawing will be at the potluck. You do NOT need to be present to win.
Hand Craft a Cup/Mug @ Washington Street Studio
Play Velma's Christmas Bingo and Dinner Included
Make a Pearl Necklace
Potluck: Let's Discuss the Great Books we Read Over the Summer, Bring a Dish and Win Some Door Prizes!
These events are open to all adult members of the library.
Please sign up by calling or in person as seating is limited.
June 1, 2022 @ 10:00 AM sign up begins!
- Complete as many challenges as you can. This form is due July 29, 2022.
- Have the chance to win a summer reading prize. Drawing will be held July 29, 2022. You do not have to be present at the drawing to win.
- Please write your answers on the back of the Summer Reading Challenge Form and send your water photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place tally marks on this form for each grown up book read this summer.
- Check out & read a children's book about an ocean creature.
- Copy your favorite seafood recipe on the card provided and submit it with this form.
- Write a lyric from a beach song.
- Write 3 sentences on what you could do to help clean up our waterways.
- Send us a picture of you next to a body of water.
- Check out and Read a book with an ocean connection.
- Name a plant found in the ocean and its medicinal purpose.
- Find a seashell in the library, bring it to the front desk and we will sign your challenge form.
- Write a book review on a post it* and leave it in the Library stacks.