How do I get a library card?
To apply in person:
- Visit the Bolivar-Harpers Ferry Public Library to apply for a card. You will have to provide valid identification.
- This includes a driver’s license or Government issued ID
- Student Identification Card
- If new to the area, you will need proof of current residence with a photo identification.
- If you are under the age of 18, you will need a parent/ guardian to also obtain a library card.
- Students from Harpers Ferry Middle School can get a waiver for a card through their student id.
To apply by phone:
- If the library is closed to the public, residents can register for a card by calling the library. 304-535-2301.
- This will be a temporary card that will expire in 3 Months.
- Patrons can pick up their card in the library’s vestibule or have them mailed to their address.
- Once the library is open to the patrons, please visit the library to show proof of address. Once we can verify your residence, the library will change your information to a permanent card.