What is in your collection?
- Over 37,000 books and materials
- Audio Books on CD, eAudiobooks, and eBooks
- Growing collection of DVDs
- Local history collection
- Large print books, magazines, and newspapers
What is Inter/Intralibrary Loan?
Books not in our collection can be borrowed from public libraries elsewhere in Jefferson, Berkeley, and Morgan counties through our courier system. If they are not found in our catalog, you can put in a request for an interlibrary Loan.
How do I request an Interlibrary Loan?
If neither we nor the other 8 libraries we collaborate with have a book you are interested in, then you can request it through Interlibrary Loan. Please ask for a form at the Circulation Desk, and fill it out. Patrons can request up to three ILLs a month. Once the item arrives, you will be notified to pick it up.
These items cannot be renewed.
How long can items be checked out?
All library materials can be checked out for 3 weeks and renewed once. A fine of $0.10 per day will be charged for each overdue item. Fines per item will not exceed $2.00. If an item is lost or damaged the patron or responsible party must pay for the exact replacement of that item.
If the lost or damaged book comes from another location, please contact that particular library to determine their procedures on lost items.
Fun fact! Every week we have Fine-Free-Friday!
When do I use the Book Drop?
When the library is closed, books may be returned in the book drop to the left of the main entrance.
If the library is open, please return your books at the Circulation Desk. Thank you!
What Items can I donate to the Library?
The library accepts donations of books, recorded books, CDs, and DVDs. Donations should be clean and in good condition. We do not accept donations of newspapers, magazines, textbooks, or encyclopedias. All donations are accepted without condition, and immediately become the property of the library.
If you have a unique item you would like to donate to the library, please visit or call the library for details.
The library accepts books and sells books throughout the year.
How can I request a book from the library?
If there is a book you would like added to the collection, you can either fill out a form provided at the Circulation Desk, or call the library 304-535-2301 and the on-duty librarian will add the request(s) to the form. The suggestions will be reviewed by staff to determine whether or not to add them to the collection. If the item is ordered, you will be notified once it arrives. If the library is not able to order the book, we will reach out to see if you would like us to place an Interlibrary Loan request on that title.
What are the Winter Weather Closing and Children’s Programming Policies
- If the Jefferson County Schools are closed for inclement weather, the library will also be closed unless due to cold weather. Then the decision will be made by the Director.
- If the Jefferson County Schools have a 2 hour delay, the library will open on time and programs will begin as scheduled.
- Children’s programs are subject to change anytime the schools are closed for holiday vacations.
- Please check our website and Facebook page for updates.
What services have a fee at the library?
- Printing from computer:
- $0.15 per copy (black and white prints only)
- $0.40 per copy (color copy)
- Photocopying: $0.15 per copy, students are allowed two free copies for school assignments
- Faxes: $1.00 per page, sending and receiving
- Notary stamp