- Directory of Open Access Journals: The aim of the Directory of Open Access Journals is to increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scientific and scholarly journals thereby promoting their increased usage and impact.
- EBSCOHost: Magazine and periodical database.
- E-library + New York Times: Use your library card for access to this resource
- FindArticles.com: Find articles from the best search engines all in one place.
- Free Periodical Articles: This web library provides access to free articles, resources and indexes.
- Genealogy Bank: Visit the Martinsburg Local History Room to access GenealogyBank’s 6,100+ historical newspapers, which include letters, speeches, opinion pieces, advertisements, hometown news, photographs, illustrations and more, as well as obituaries, military documents, pamphlets, books and government documents.
- Morgan Messenger: Use your library card to access the Morgan Messenger, 11/19/03-present.
- Newspaper Archive: Contact library for password.
- PubMed: PubMed comprises more than 22 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
Find reliable health information on the following websites:
- Mayo Clinic: Excellent website provides easy to understand information on hundreds of heath conditions
- Kids Health: Award winning website from nonprofit organization covers everything a parent needs to know about their child’s physical and mental health
- MedlinePlus: The National Institutes of Health provides unbiased information on health conditions and issues
- Healthfinder.gov: Resources on a wide range of health topics selected from over 1,400 government and non-profit organizations to bring you the best, most reliable health information on the Internet
- NIH Senior Health: Seniors can find answers to their medical questions in the comfort of their own homes thanks to this new and innovative online resource.
- Ancestry.com: This online resource makes it easy to research your heritage, with access to Census records, Military records, Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates and Immigration Records. Access available at Martinsburg Public Library only. Biography and Genealogy Master Index:
- Brown Funeral Home Obituaries: Access obituaries from Brown Funeral Home
- Eackles-Spencer & Norton Funeral Home Obituaries: Access obituaries from Eackles-Spencer & Norton.
- Early Virginia Newspapers Index: Personal name index to more than 51,000 marriage and obituary notices published primarily in Richmond-area newspapers between 1736 and 1982, with an emphasis on the years 1780 to 1910.
- Ellis Island Records: Register online to access records of Ellis Island.
- Genealogy Bank:Visit the Martinsburg Local History Room to access GenealogyBank’s 6,100+ historical newspapers, which include letters, speeches, opinion pieces, advertisements, hometown news, photographs, illustrations and more, as well as obituaries, military documents, pamphlets, books and government documents.
- Herald Mail Obituaries: Access the Obituaries from Hagerstown’s Herald-Mail.
- Heritage Quest: Use your library card to access this online genealogy resource.
- LDS Family Search: Our records span billions of names across hundreds of collections—including birth, marriage, death, probate, land, military, IGI extracted, and more.
- New York Immigration Records: This free site offers access to an extraordinary database of information on 11 million immigrants from 1820 through 1892, the year Ellis Island opened. More than 100 million Americans can trace their ancestors to this early immigration period.
- Rosedale Funeral Home Obituaries: Access Rosedale Funeral Home Obituaries 2010-present
- Social Security Death Index: The Social Security Death Index includes over 92 million U.S. citizen death records. Enjoy free access to the most up-to-date SSDI search for individuals with U.S. Social Security numbers.
- Washington County, MD Marriages: This resource includes Marriage records from 1861-1919 and 1941-1949
- WV Vital Research Records Project: The Vital Research Records Project is placing Birth, Death, and Marriage certificates on-line. Users can search the records and view scanned images of the original records.
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College: Blue Ridge offers quality academic programs that are learner-centered and focus on career entry, university transfer, developmental education, and workforce development.
- Learning Express Library: Contact your library for login information to this Statewide information portal
- Literacy Volunteers of the Eastern Panhandle: LVEP empowers adults in Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan Counties to reach their full potential as individuals, parents, workers and citizens, through confidential and free literacy tutoring by trained volunteers.
- Pronunciator NEW: Online language-learning system made simple with speech recognition and downloadable audio lessons.
- OWL Online Writing Lab: The Writing Lab at Purdue offers over 200 free resources including offer over 200 free resources including Writing and Teaching Writing, Research, rammar and Mechanics, Style Guides, ESL (English as a Second Language) and Job Search and Professional Writing
- Petersen’s College Guides: Everything you need to know about getting into the college you want.
- Read Aloud West Virginia: Read Aloud WV offers a vaiety of programs to help raise a state full of readers.
- Signing Savvy: Signing Savvy is a Sign Language resource providing high resolution ASL videos and much more.
- Universal Class: Use your library card to gain access to over 500 non-credit Continuing Education Classes.