Kanopy is a video streaming service offered by Bolivar Harpers Ferry Public Library gives you access to festival, indie and world cinema from award-winning filmmakers around the world. Finds films on every subject imaginable, as well as educational content from The Great Courses and PBS, and a selection of must-see classic films from The Criterion Collection.
Looking for kids content from PBSKids and more? Click here. Checkouts from Kanopy Kids do not require a play credit.
New to Kanopy?:
- Visit BHFPL’s Kanopy page and click the orange “Add Library Card” button.
- You’ll be asked to enter your library card number and PIN. You’ll only need to do this once.
- Create a unique login with your email address and a password.
- Note: You will be asked to confirm that you are 13 or older.
- A verification email will be sent to the email address you’ve provided.
- Once you’ve verified your email, you’ll be ready to watch!
- Need help? For library card number or PIN requests, please contact us by phone: 304-535-2301 or email.
- Library cardholders can borrow up to 10 movies per month from Kanopy (Kanopy Kids checkouts are not counted against this number).
- Once borrowed, you can view the movie an unlimited number of times within a 72 hour period.
- Titles are always available — no wait times!
- Many Kanopy films include noncommercial public performance rights for library borrowers. Educators are invited to show these Kanopy films in class! To see if a film offers public performance rights, complete a search on Kanopy and select “Public Performance Rights” from the limiters on the left side of your search results screen.
- Desktop browsers supported by Kanopy.
- You can watch Kanopy films via their website, or through apps available for iOS, Android, Apple TV, and Roku.
- Kanopy is also compatible for hearing (with captions and transcripts) and visually-impaired customers (compatible with technologies such as JAWS).