BHFPL Winter Reading Challenge
There are 13 Challenges listed, participants MUST complete 8 to be eligible for the prize drawing. Completed Challenge Sheets are due no later than 4pm on Friday, Feb. 26th. Participants may drop off Challenge Sheets at the library or email a photo to email@example.com. This program is open to All Ages.
For more detail on the challenges, print Challenge Sheets or pickup at the library.
Prize winners will be drawn and announced on March 1, 2020.
Anything under the options are suggestions
1. “Cereal Box”
2. Read each side of any food package you find.
3. Newspaper Article
4. Complete a Crossword Puzzle of Your Choice
5. Picture Book
6. Banned Book
7. Non-Fiction Book
- Non-fiction encompasses many categories: arts, biographies, business, cooking, crafts, finances, fitness, food, health, history, home decor and improvements, humor, languages, pets, religion, science, self-help, and travel.
8. Read a book with Winter, Snow, Snowflake, or Cold in the title
9. Choose an eResource or audiobook
10. Historical Marker
11. Graphic Novel
12. Watch a movie based on a book you read
13. Spin for Genre
Choose a Book by its Cover
Q: Who can participate
A: All ages.
Q: When can I submit my form?
A: Once you have completed all five trails, and have a sticker on each trail, you can submit your form to the library. Though they are due February 26th, you can return them as soon as you are done.
Q: Can I share my experience?
Q: Do I have to have a library card to participate?
A: No! Anyone is free to join in this fun challenge. But did you know that if you are a West Virginia resident, you can get a library card here for free?
The Library has programs for all ages. Check out our calendar for upcoming events.
COVID: Due to Covid-19, the library’s programs are not following their normal schedule. Please stay tuned as we try to provide safe programming for our patrons. These will either be outside or virtual. Sign up will be required during this time.
When the library is operating under standard conditions:
- Story Time (Sept – May): Adult Participation Required
- Infant: Wednesdays @ 11:00 am (ages newborn to 18 months)
- Toddler: Fridays @ 10:30 am (ages 18 months to 3 yrs.)
- Pre-School: Thursdays @ 10:30 am (ages 4-5 yrs.)
- Book Club for Adults: Second Thursday of each month @ 6 pm.
- Youth Book Club (Grades 3-5): Check the library website or our Facebook page for dates and times.
- Teen Book Club (Grades 6+): Check the library website or our Facebook page for dates and times.
- Adult, Teen, and Children’s Summer Reading Programs: Dates and activities vary. Stay tuned to the calendar and our Facebook page for details.
- Special Programs for Adults and Children: Call, check our website or our Facebook page for information.