BHFPL Princess Bride Walking Challenge
Are you ready for an adventure? There are 13 Milestones for this challenge. The goal is to walk/run a total of 101 miles (Adult/Teens) or 50 miles (Children) no later than 4pm on Friday, May 21st. Participants may drop off Challenge Sheets at the library or email a photo to email@example.com. This program is open to All Ages.
For more detail on the challenges, print the Mileage Logs or pick up at the library.
Prize winners will be drawn and announced on May 25, 2021.
Q: Do I have to complete each milestone in one go?
A: No. Once you make it to a certain mileage marker, then you can check it off. It does not have to be completed in one setting.
Q: Who can participate?
A: All ages.
Q: Do I have to complete the challenge to win?
A: No. You can turn in your incomplete log and can still enter in a drawing to win an exclusively designed T-shirt. All logs, no matter their status will be put into a drawing to win a prize.
Q: When can I submit my form?
A: Though they are due May 21st, you can return them as soon “as you wish.”
Q: How many miles are in this challenge?
A: It is 101 miles for Adults and Teens (Grade 6+), and 50 miles for children (Grade 5 and Under).
Q: How can I share my experience?
Q: Do I need a library card to participate?
A: No! Anyone is free to join in this fun challenge. But did you know that if you are a West Virginia resident, you can get a library card for free?
The Library has programs for all ages. Check out our calendar for upcoming events.
COVID: Due to Covid-19, the library’s programs are not following their normal schedule. Please stay tuned as we try to provide safe programming for our patrons. These will either be outside or virtual. Sign up will be required during this time.
When the library is operating under standard conditions:
- Story Time (April 15– Sept.): Adult Participation Required
- Infant: Wednesdays @ 11:00 am (ages newborn to 18 months)
- Toddler: Fridays @ 10:30 am (ages 18 months to 3 yrs.)
- Pre-School: Thursdays @ 10:30 am (ages 4-5 yrs.)
- Book Club for Adults: Second Thursday of each month @ 6 pm.
- Youth Book Club (Grades 3-5): Check the library website or our Facebook page for dates and times.
- Teen Book Club (Grades 6+): Check the library website or our Facebook page for dates and times.
- Adult, Teen, and Children’s Summer Reading Programs: Dates and activities vary. Stay tuned to the calendar and our Facebook page for details.
- Special Programs for Adults and Children: Call, check our website or our Facebook page for information.